Course: Level 2 Beauty Therapist Apprenticeship
Duration: 2 years
Attendance: 1 day per week at GHQ Training
The apprentice will undergo a two-year apprenticeship training programme at Level 2, during which they will be supported with on and off the job training to assist their development within Beauty Therapy.
Alongside the apprenticeship standard, you will complete the Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Professionals which will enable you to perform beauty therapy treatments and implement safe working practices which meet legal, industry and organisational requirements.
You will be able to carry out, maintain and store detailed and confidential client consultations, enabling the choice of the most appropriate treatments and products. You will be able to select, use, and apply a range of beauty therapy techniques, products, tools and equipment to provide:
- Waxing services
- Hand and nail treatments
- Foot treatments
- Facial skin care treatments
- Eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Make-up application
- Basic massage treatments (back, neck and shoulder)
You will maintain the standards of professional appearance and the salon/spa image, etiquette and required hygiene. You will be able to provide advice and recommendations on beauty treatments, appointments and service timings. You will also be able to facilitate the client journey, from appointments through completion of the services to handling payments whilst portraying the professionalism and values expected by the beauty therapy industry.
The period of learning, development and continuous assessment is covered by the apprentice completing the City & Guilds L2 Diploma for Beauty Professionals (Beauty Therapist) qualification.
The End-point Assessment takes place at the end of the apprenticeship. The apprentice must have successfully completed the on-programme assessment requirements, completing all units of the qualification, before taking the End-point Assessment. The employer and on-programme assessor will decide the timing of the End-point Assessment.
The End-point Assessment consists of two assessment methods, all pass criteria must be achieved to progress and complete the apprenticeship programme. The two assessment methods are:
1. Observation – the apprentice will be assessed carrying out consultation for all services completed, the apprentice must wax 2 areas, perform 1 hand and nail treatment, 1 foot treatment, 1 facial treatment, 3 eye and brow artistry treatments, 1 make-up look and 1 back, neck and shoulder massage treatment. The assessment will require the apprentice to work on a minimum of two models. The apprentice is responsible for providing suitable models and GHQ will support where necessary. The End-point Assessment will take a minimum of 4 ¾ hours and a maximum of 5 hours excluding breaks.
2. Knowledge Test – The knowledge and understanding within this standard will be assessed through an online multiple-choice knowledge test. The test will take 60 minutes and be made up of 40 questions.
Uniform: Placement salon tunic black trousers and black closed toe smart shoes.
Stationery: Lever arch file, poly pockets, pens and pencils.
*All essential products and equipment are provided, but learners will need to purchase additional products throughout the course in order to develop their skills outside GHQ.
This is an approved qualification for working as a beauty therapist within a salon or spa environment or as a self-employed therapist. Successful completion of the course provides progression opportunities to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services
These progression options can be completed over one academic year through an Advanced Apprenticeship or through the Advanced Learner Loan.
The apprenticeship includes Pass and Distinction grades which are applied at the End-point Assessment. If any part of the assessment is not enough when first submitted there will be opportunity for resubmission, or observation to be repeated, however multiple assessment opportunities are not expected.
Apprentices will be required to have or to achieve Level 1 English and Maths and to have taken Level 2 English and Maths tests prior to the End-point Assessment.Share this course
Please ensure that you have answered every question throughout each section as without this your application cannot be processed. Please note - Ensure you bring your Record of Achievement / Progress File and Certificates to your interview.
All Beauty Courses
- New Health and Safety Measures in the Training Centre June 25, 2020
- Boost in funding for Beauty and Nail Qualifications! May 19, 2020