If you are keen for your business and staff to succeed and reach their full potential, you are in the right place! The listings below provide useful information to especially assist you, the Employer. We can offer devoted help and support with training, funding and on-going encouragement to aid the progression of your business.
What can GHQ Training do for your business?
Develop a skilled and qualified workforce
Reduce training and recruitment costs
Improve customer service
Increase your sales
Reduce absenteeism and sickness
Increase loyalty and motivation
GHQ Training Ltd is a long established training provider recognised for delivering high quality training and development programmes across a wide range of business sectors. We pride ourselves on matching the right Apprentices to the right Employer.
Based in Plymouth, and serving the whole of the South-West, we work alongside businesses to deliver training that enables individuals to develop their skills whilst supporting the commercial objectives of their employers.
In April 2017 the Apprenticeship Levy came into force. Employers with an annual pay bill of more than £3 million will need to spend 0.5% of their total pay bill on the apprenticeship levy.
The government established an Institute for Apprenticeships which will be an employer led independent body that will approve standards and regulate quality. The intention is that only standards and assessments approved by employers through this body will receive funding. You need to work with an OFSTED approved training provider, the employer can’t be the trainer. The assessment body must be another separate entity such as a professional institution. You pay the training provider through a digital voucher and they then pay the assessment body; you choose both the training provider and the assessment body. The levy can’t be used to pay salary.
Training for the apprenticeship will be 100% fully funded if the apprentice is aged 16-18 years old (or 19-24 year old formerly in care or has a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan). If the apprentice is aged 19 years and over then it will be a mandatory requirement for the employer to make a 5% contribution to the cost of this training and government will pay the other 95%.
Please contact a member of our recruitment team should you wish to enquire about the 5% contribution costs.
The Government will pay £1,000 (Grant) to employers training a 16-18 year old. This will be paid by two payments, £500 after 3 months and £500 after 12 months.
For more information about apprenticeships, contact our Employer Engagement Officer on 01752 218086 or view the National Apprenticeship Service's Employer Guide to Apprenticeships below.